Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Where to pick up a flywheel FAST?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to pick up a flywheel FAST?

On Thursday I made an appointment to get my clutch installed on this next Tuesday (bought a used Z06 one w/ pressure plate). The mechanic said he highly recommends getting a new flywheel. Unfortunately I didn't have time to start looking until today. I called AutoZone and they said it was a special order item only and wouldn't be able to get it in until Wednesday. Called the dealer and they only sell the entire kit (for $600!!! ). I really don't want to (read: can't afford to) spend 300-400 for a flywheel.

Any suggestions?

PS. I already bought and received a pilot bearing and throwout bearing.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KeyserWS6
On Thursday I made an appointment to get my clutch installed on this next Tuesday (bought a used Z06 one w/ pressure plate). The mechanic said he highly recommends getting a new flywheel. Unfortunately I didn't have time to start looking until today. I called AutoZone and they said it was a special order item only and wouldn't be able to get it in until Wednesday. Called the dealer and they only sell the entire kit (for $600!!! ). I really don't want to (read: can't afford to) spend 300-400 for a flywheel.

Any suggestions?

PS. I already bought and received a pilot bearing and throwout bearing.

Have you ever turned your stock flywheel before??
Old 09-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Banned

over nite one from a sponser?! i knw of a couple of ppl that are selling a ram flywheel on here 777 is one
Old 09-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1320_Racing
Have you ever turned your stock flywheel before??
I got a new one back when I got my SPEC stage 3. It hasn't been turned, no. Will I need to shim it if I get it turned? I want to do things right, but for as cheap as possible though, heh.