Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Love the WS6 Store Short Throw!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Love the WS6 Store Short Throw!

Just installed the WS6 Store Short Throw (the shortest one they have) and it is impressive. I installed it in 5 min. flat, and the difference is night and day. I kept the factory Hurst shifter ****, and there are no clearance problems whatsoever. Each shift is now more precice and the car is alot more fun to drive now. This should be the first mod that M6 owners do - especially for $25 shipped! I am putting it on the dyno tomorrow, as I am sure I picked up 10 RWHP with this mod! Seriously tho, I have nothing bad to say about this product.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it too, my only gripe is that it puts the stick too far to the right which pulls the leather boot out every time you go into 5th or reverse. The Pro 5.0 has an angled grind where it connects to the shifter so it puts it more to the left. I'm betting I can cut about an inch off of that stick and have a 6" stick with still enough threads to put my ball on. I still agree that the WS6 6" is a good product and am pleased with my purchase!
Old 09-06-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I love mine too. I dont have the problem with the boot though, that is odd...
Old 09-06-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
Just installed the WS6 Store Short Throw (the shortest one they have) and it is impressive. I installed it in 5 min. flat, and the difference is night and day. I kept the factory Hurst shifter ****, and there are no clearance problems whatsoever. Each shift is now more precice and the car is alot more fun to drive now. This should be the first mod that M6 owners do - especially for $25 shipped! I am putting it on the dyno tomorrow, as I am sure I picked up 10 RWHP with this mod! Seriously tho, I have nothing bad to say about this product.
how do u pick up 10rwhp with a shift stick?
Old 09-07-2006, 01:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FirebirdStud
I love mine too. I dont have the problem with the boot though, that is odd...
well the plastic piece is broken so it doesn't hold tight like it should
Old 09-07-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shinerbock07

Easy - The short stick is made up of a metal with a higher heat transfer coefficient, so it conducts heat away from the transmission. The cooler transmission then draws heat away from the exhaust system (via both conduction and radiation) which creates an amplified scavenging effect. This improves the volumetric efficiency of the engine, and has been shown to improve RWHP by as much as 15 H.P.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

I'm pretty sure that's the theory behind VTEC stickers too.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Easy - The short stick is made up of a metal with a higher heat transfer coefficient, so it conducts heat away from the transmission. The cooler transmission then draws heat away from the exhaust system (via both conduction and radiation) which creates an amplified scavenging effect. This improves the volumetric efficiency of the engine, and has been shown to improve RWHP by as much as 15 H.P.
LOL...that's some of the best bullshittin that I've seen on here.

I installed the WS6 Store's short stick in my girlfriend's 2000 Trans Am, and it made a huge difference over the factory stick on the non-Hurst shifter. Made the shifts more precise, and the car more fun to drive in general. The only gripe I have with it is that it may be a little too short. It feels even shorter than the Pro 5.0 w/ LSS combo that I have in my car, and everytime I bang 2nd gear in her car with the WS6 Store short stick it'll hit the outer edge of the shift boot/console. I never had that problem even when I just had an LSS on the factory Hurst shifter in my car. It's still a great product, and hard to beat for $25 shipped though.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

nice one johnnyC, you even gave a in depth response! i wonder how much power i picked up from a pro 5.0+LSS?
Old 09-07-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

NICE!!!!! LOL!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any one notice increased noise from the short shifter because i do.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Noise just from the stick, or a new shifter? I have the SLP shifter, and WS6Store stick. The added noise is from the shifter itself. There is less sound dampening materials in the new shifter, so you'll hear a whine when driving. It's perfectly normal.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I get a little of a rattle now and then, normal.....
Old 09-08-2006, 04:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shinerbock07
I don't know, how do you post 1755 times in one year?
Old 09-08-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats awesome
Old 09-08-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thumbs up

That's really good B.S., I hope no one here bought the short stick from WS6 store in hopes of gaining 15 HP after reading that. Sounds almost believeable.

Maybe you should forward it to WS6 store and have them put it in the item details
Old 09-11-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for all the appreciation fellas - I will contact the WS6 store and offer them the description for a large sum of $...
Old 09-16-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Haha^^^
Old 09-16-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Veteran

and a large group buy for free

Thanks for all the appreciation fellas - I will contact the WS6 store and offer them the description for a large sum of $...
Old 09-16-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

That was great

Quick Reply: Love the WS6 Store Short Throw!