Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Do I need a new master cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need a new master cylinder?

Many of these threads are repeats. Now I find myself asking the same question as two thousand other guys. Two weeks ago my clutch began to stick to the floor under hard acceleration. Therefore, after doing a search I have decided to replace:

the clutch

the slave cylinder

the pilot bearing

and the flywheel.

Do I need a new master cylinder as well? If I replace the master cylinder should I get a McLeod adjustable master cylinder. I did search and there was some negative feedback on the McLeod. You comments are appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-07-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went with all stock replacements when I did my install. Have you done the slave mod to get the fluid flowing easier?
Old 09-07-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Definitly want to do the drill mod if you have not already.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine started it when I changed to the hotcam with 243 heads. It really pissing me off. My clutch has less than 10,000 miles on it. I changed the master and the slave and the fluid. The pedal actually drops to about an inch from the floor under heavy acceleration. I then wrapped my headers and put a heat shield sleeve over the hydraulic line. Could all this be caused by me missing the tin heat shield from the factroy? I would think that wrapping the headers and the clutch line would be equal to or better than the factory heat shield. Im going nucking futs with this. I just want to beat on my car once and get through the gears.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have not done the drill mod. However, today I bit the bullit and bought a McLeod adjustable master cylinder. I hope that does the job.

Quick Reply: Do I need a new master cylinder?