Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch engages/disengages on floor board? pedal is fine.

Old 09-29-2006, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch engages/disengages on floor board? pedal is fine.

I have an 02 stock hydrolics and clutch. I have read of everybodies clutch pedal sticking to the floor. My pedal comes back up just fine. However under hard acceleration my clutch engage almost on the floor board. I push on the clutch pedal and you can tell it aint doing **** until it gets really low and then it disengages the clutch. is this a hydroclic prob like others exp, or is this clutch prob. also it grinds going into a lot of gears. Could this be related? I am to the point of new slave new clutch and t56 rebuild. but I dont want to spend all that cash if i dont have to. Also clutch works normal under normal driving conditions.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bottom line is your not getting enough force on the pressure plate springs to fully release the clutch--hence the grinding. Could be hydraulics or a problem with the pressure plate. Change the fluid in the reservoir and bleed the system. If it doesn't help, probably time for a new clutch. This is hard to judge without knowing your mods and mileage on the clutch. Whatever you do, take care of it because it's hard on the trans.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: clutch engages/disengages on floor board? pedal is fine.