Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bad Slave

Old 10-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Zo6 Vette Slave work on 99 Z28?

Ok i was on my home from the bar last night and was going to pass someone so i was going to drop it in 5th but when i pressed the clutch there was no pressure it felt like the clutch was just on a hinge and i couldn't get into any gear i finally got it into 5th and made it home. Today I looked at the fluid and it was empty i looked under the car and it was leaking where the bellhousing and tranny connect so i am thinking slave am i right?? i know my throwout bearing was going out it had been making alot of noise when i would press the clutch in. My Next question is will a slave out of a 02 Zo6 Vette work in my car??

Last edited by Adam_LS1_Z28; 10-01-2006 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Teching In

def th slave.. what will work in your car.. not sure

Last edited by 00tals-1; 10-01-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Launching!

ahh the its the slave, an no one the vette there tranny is in the back, so no way.
one question do you have a aftermarket clutch, an did you replace your slave an did it have shims???
Old 10-03-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

sorry, not posting to help you out but just saying, wow, people need to read what they are posting and doublechecking spelling and what not before hitting that post button
Old 10-03-2006, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes, its your slave ... mine went out a couple days ago and exhibited the exact same symptoms.
Couldn't get it in gear
No pedal pressure
and ...
Fluid dripping from the bellhousing

Dealership wanted 640.00 just to replace the slave. I had a shop do a new spec 3+ and slave, TO, pilot, and turn the FW for just under a grand.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FstBlkz28
yes, its your slave ... mine went out a couple days ago and exhibited the exact same symptoms.
Couldn't get it in gear
No pedal pressure
and ...
Fluid dripping from the bellhousing

Dealership wanted 640.00 just to replace the slave. I had a shop do a new spec 3+ and slave, TO, pilot, and turn the FW for just under a grand.

Yep it was the slave i have the tranny out and the slave is all jacked up and leaking. I am installing a LS6 clutch and just to let people know that the Corvette slave will work the only difference is that the vette one has a braided line with the fitting and the Fbody one just has the fitting connected right to the slave not on a braided line. So i am going to use it cause hey its free lol and i am broke i will let yall know how it works.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rudyzturbota
ahh the its the slave, an no one the vette there tranny is in the back, so no way.
one question do you have a aftermarket clutch, an did you replace your slave an did it have shims???

dude...
yes its the slave, and just cause our trannies are in the back, doesn't mean our clutch is too.

and learn how to freakin' spell, you gave me a headache trying to read that.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Launching!

Over the past few years my slave was leaking too. I had it replaced at the dealer and it leaked again in less then a year. They replaced it again and it leaked again the following year. Turns out most of the slave clylinders have the bushing put on backwards from the factory and after repeated use they will leak. I found this out in another forum and GM doesn't know about it or they are not telling their customers about it. Just a heads up as the GM warrenty only covers the part for a year after installation, and only covers the replacement from the original date of repair, not the replacement date.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wolfgang427
Over the past few years my slave was leaking too. I had it replaced at the dealer and it leaked again in less then a year. They replaced it again and it leaked again the following year. Turns out most of the slave clylinders have the bushing put on backwards from the factory and after repeated use they will leak. I found this out in another forum and GM doesn't know about it or they are not telling their customers about it. Just a heads up as the GM warrenty only covers the part for a year after installation, and only covers the replacement from the original date of repair, not the replacement date.

gm = sometimes
Old 10-04-2006, 01:48 AM
Banned

Well after i got pissed trying to remove the slave my buddy finally got it off. That damn thing is a pain the in the **** alittle different from my LT1 I had lol. Well all thats left is putting everything back which i will do in the morning time for some sleep
Old 10-04-2006, 01:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Adam_LS1_Z28
Well after i got pissed trying to remove the slave my buddy finally got it off. That damn thing is a pain the in the **** alittle different from my LT1 I had lol. Well all thats left is putting everything back which i will do in the morning time for some sleep

we dont need sleep... just loctite! lol
Old 10-04-2006, 01:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon
gm = sometimes

U are damn right about that but i still love her lol and i am glad u have more patience than me lol i was about to beat the crap out of it

Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon
we dont need sleep... just loctite! lol

No we need beer
Old 10-04-2006, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Adam_LS1_Z28
U are damn right about that but i still love her lol and i am glad u have more patience than me lol i was about to beat the crap out of it
its cause i drive a vette... isn't it!? roflmao (inside joke)

good link!
http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stories/clutch.html

Search this Thread