Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help! Clutch won't disengage!I think!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb Help! Clutch won't disengage!I think!

Ok so I was just cruising around in the car not driving it hard and it became difficult to shift,quickly,so I stopped and turned it off. After that when I started it with the clutch in it would not go into any gear. I could put it into gear with the car off and as soon as I started the car it would start rolling immediately. The clutch pedal feels fine but who knows what that means. The slave looks ok but again who knows by looks. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!!

Equipment: Spec 2 clutch, stock flywheel, '02 Slave Cylinder, '02 Master Cylinder w/drill mod. All this was installed May 2005. Thanks for any and all help!!!!
Old 10-03-2006, 12:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have you already dropped the tranny? you cant see the slave unless you take the tranny out. you clutch definately isn't fully disengaging. now whether its the master or slave, idk how to tell ya. id get some more repsonses and swap the slave out first, since it doesnt require dropping the tranny. my car was doing the same thing last month, so i swapped the master and that didnt fix it, turns out the bolts on the pressure plate were backing themselves out, causing the pressure plate to be on kinda ****-eyed and not lettin the clutch release fully. but ur clutch definately isnt releasing all the way, you just gotta find out which part is causing that.

-check the master first
-bleed the system
-if that doesnt help, drop the tranny and check out the slave and also check the pressure plate bolts while ur in there.

one of the above should solve the problem.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it all out, owned by the spec clutch new one going in friday!

Quick Reply: Help! Clutch won't disengage!I think!