Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New Clutch Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Clutch Question

My freind needs a new clutch in his 02 Z28. He installed a SPEC III at 12K miles and the car now has 86K on it and the slave cylider let go. After pulling the trans we found the clutch in worn out. I want some oppinions on what he should go with. His car is basicly stock, lid and cat-back. I say a SPEC II is fine but he wants atleast a SPEC III. I see also that you can get the LS7 clutch which SPEED INC says works with the stock LS1 setup, I assume it will be much smoother to drive on a daily basis for around the same price as a SPEC III. If he buys the LS7 clutch will he also need the LS7 flywheel or would the LS1 flywheel work?

(I own an A4 thats why I'm asking you M6 guys.)

Thanks
Old 10-10-2006, 07:18 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would think that you would want to get the entire LS7 Setup. Clutch, Disc, PP, TO Bearing, and Flywheel.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He should be able to go with a mild clutch and have no problems. Personally I have a minorly modded daily driver TA. I'm using a Centerforce I disc and PP with a fidanza aluminum flywheel and have been pretty happy with the setup. Summit sells the disc for 109 and the pressure plate for 208.39. Pretty cheap for an upgrade clutch. Of course all that will depend on the condition of his flywheel and how much will need to be turned off of it to flatten it.

Quick Reply: New Clutch Question