Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Borg Warner Super T-10 4 speed manual

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borg Warner Super T-10 4 speed manual

Borg Warner Super T-10 4 speed manual, has anyone heard of this trans ?
If so does anyone know if it will bolt up to an LSx/LQx engine, and where to get a bellhousing for it ?
Thanks in advance everyone.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

Every gearhead should have heard of that trans....they came standard in most all 2nd and early 3rd gen f-bodies. They're a good, solid, reliable trans, albiet not the absolute best for performance. My 78 TA has it, nothing wrong with it. I have never heard of putting a T10 on an LS1, unless you're talking about putting an LS1 into a 2nd gen, and keeping the orginal trans. I'm sure it's been done before, just have to do some research on it. Try the hybrid forum, maybe.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not rocket science , really just car crafting. You will at least have to mod a bell and release system.To be honest why go with the old-school box? It does not do higher RPM well and limits the rest of the drivetrain. You got a line on a freebe or just fishing?
Old 10-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Teching In

thanks for the responses guys
My high school auto class is building a drag car and got our hands on this trans very cheap before we got an engine, our original plan was to go with a carb'd 350 sbchevy, but we came across an LQ4 that we are switching to a carb setup .. its going in to a 1980 Ford Fairmont (Early variation of Fox Body Mustang) its all explained in a thread in the hybrids forum https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/592333-help-lq4-bw-st-10-80-fairmont.html
Old 10-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

You might be able to use the Lakewood LS1 bellhousing: 15005 (see catalog) along with a Novak Hydraulic Slave Cylinder Conversion. You would still need to figure out your clutch pedal and clutch master cylinder (among other things: crossmember, shifter, etc.).

Check out my transmission swap page for more ideas. Although my application was a 1st gen SBC, the info may be helpful and I have a ton of swap links.

Chris

Quick Reply: Borg Warner Super T-10 4 speed manual