Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

McLeod disengaugment issue. CL SL Bleeding Q,

Old 10-15-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default McLeod disengaugment issue. CL SL Bleeding Q,

I installed my T56 rebuilds trans and McLeod Single today. 5 hrs all together w/ EXH problems.

When I was adding the fluid I decided to give the pedal pump. It fell immediatly. I bolted the shifter up and proceded to bleed the system. A 3/8 ratchet mannaged to fit in there so I used it. I bled it a couple half dozen times. Also checked the fluid every three pumps. I fired it up to let the trans fluid circulate. Tried to get it in gear... no go... Stiff as a rock. Re-bled it, no differance.

I can road it fine, I think it's floating. The clutch engauges right off the floor or maybe a 1/2 inch -If that. If I come to a complete stop and put it in neutral I have to shut the car off and put it in 1st, then start the car.

I did not get any instructions w/ the clutch. Is the Slave supposed to be shimmed on these? I have the Adjustable Master but did not have time to install it. Could that be my problem? I will try to get a day off from work on Tues to take care of this. I'll do the drill mod w/ it.

HELP!

EDIT: I also had trouble pushing the trans onto the bellhousing. THe input shaft was in the clutch, but I figured the PP, FD, and FW sat a bit forward to avoid shimming the slave. I sunk it on w/ a couple bolts, no problem w/ that, it went right in. I know we're NOT supposed to do that, but I was desperate.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Veteran

BUMP...

Need some advice here. Will the McLeod Master w/ drill mod and bleeding fix this problem? I'm doin it tomarrow, I guess I'll find out.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am pretty sure the McLeod requires an adjustable master but am not 100%. Most likely your issue.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanx. I'm almost positive this will solve it. I mean, they include it for a reason right? I got the day off from work tomarro. So I can somewhat sleep in, and go in around 10 and have 7 hrs to mess w/ the car. I would like to do my LCA stuff too. But that's another problem. (LCA won't bolt to RLB's)
Old 10-17-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Veteran

THe McLeod ADJ Master fixed it. I did the drill mod too. No problems now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: McLeod disengaugment issue. CL SL Bleeding Q,