Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Grindin all gears

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 03:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Grindin all gears

Hey.. for quite a while now i havent been able to shift my car at all... It sucks so freakin bad... like its beyond explination how gay it is. When i first start my car up its the worst. Even if i granny shift it, it grinds sometimes. As it warms up it gets better but still grinds if i go WOT and shift at peak rpms... I really want to know what this is. Is it a simple matter of flushing my tranny fluid and getting new fluid in there? Is it clutch? Slave Cylinder? Need a rebuilt tranny? Im goin out of my mind here... i want to be able to actually drive my car w/o grinding it.

Side notes are i have a bmr ripper shifter, i replaced my slave cylinder like 2 years ago and i might not have added the right amount of fluid. As far as i know the tranny hasnt been rebuilt and clutch hasnt been replaced and the car has 105k miles. Any suggestions?
Old 10-18-2006, 06:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it truely has been doing this a long time, you will now need a trans rebuild on top of the clutch release problem resolution.The type of rebuild you need will incluse all gears with clutch teeth(7 with reverse). You could have saved some $$$ by fixing it when it first came around.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok... well maybe ill look into gettin my tranny rebuilt with my tax returns instead of gettin the 9 inch...