Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I bet you guys cant diagnose this problem...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 11:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I bet you guys cant diagnose this problem...

ok i have a rebuilt t56 from a sponser on here and it shifts perfect highly recomend them .i installed a centerforce dual friction clutch new pilot bearing,slave,and ram adjustable master cylinder .. so everything should be new well it makes a very odd noise.when you pull out in first and go to changed to 2 its almost a like a gear grinding nose a metal to metal sound but the tranny shifts perfect not hard to shift or to lose just right so im leaning toward the clutch.another reason i think its the clutch is if im goin down the highway say 65mph and put it in neutral and rev it up you can here the sound real good the higer you rev the louder it gets sounds like a high pitch metal sound like somthing eating away or rubbing ..i have no clue what it is no one around me does either so please help im starting to hate my car lol
Old 10-31-2006, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

Well I am far from an expert but if you had it rebuilt, do you know if they put plastic pads on the shifting forks or the metal ones, cause the metal ones make more noise while driving than the plastic ones, but not sure as to why it would do it in nuetral
Old 10-31-2006, 12:29 AM
12 Second Club

from what i remember it had carbon fiber syncros,billet slider keys ,still shift forks...but i mean this aint no slight nose its pretty resonably loud i know i would get some noise form all aftermarket stuff but i mean it got a good lil noise to it
Old 10-31-2006, 06:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The aftermarket clutch and the adjustable( which means it can be mis-adjusted) leads me to say your noise is clutch release related. I think the noise is the disc dragging.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by calhoon
The aftermarket clutch and the adjustable( which means it can be mis-adjusted) leads me to say your noise is clutch release related. I think the noise is the disc dragging.
+1. That would be my vote. Doesn't sound like a shift pad issue. They would make noise, but not anything as severe as what it sounds like ls1chris is describing.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with calhoon. Pretty sure we rebuilt the trans and not a big fan of the centerforce clutches. The shift pads would be a slight sound like a brake pad rubbing but should not get louder with revs. Do you have an adjustable master on the car?

Thanks,
Amber
T56Rebuilds.com
Old 10-31-2006, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

yes you guys and girls did amber ..still shifts and feels great too.its just this dang clutch thats making me angry lol..im about 100% positive its the clutch draggin ..the guy that installed the the clutch i told to change the fluid but after looking at it i highly doubt he did its pretty black..so what can i do to resolve this problem change clutch,,fluid i have no idea how to fix it or i would so help me out guys im hoping to go to the track this friday and race with the new mods i got but if i cant the clutch resolved im not goin so help me out thanks to all who replyed

PS......If you want a trans rebuild go to amber their great good customer service and very friendly thank all you guys and girls down their you are all top notch

Quick Reply: I bet you guys cant diagnose this problem...