Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

PLEASE HELP!! t56 rebuild done with problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PLEASE HELP!! t56 rebuild done with problems!!!

OK so I took my trany out and took it all apart replaced the parts I needed to and put it back together as best as I could.... with help from many manuals and a guide that I found on here! well now its back together and I put the shifter on it before I filled it up with trans fluid and I'm having a really hard time moving between gears and sometimes I can't even get it to go into some of the gears I don't know what to do I don't want to take it in! And I would appriciate not having bashing on this subject!~

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-03-2006, 11:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Try unplugging all of the selonoids on the side of the trans. Then try shifting it. If it works better you have a selonoids plugged in wrong. Did you try bench shifting it before you put it in the car? That is always a good way of telling if there is an issue. Check the sensors and let us know.

Thanks,
Amber
T56Rebuilds.com
Old 11-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Got it it was the 5/6 gear wasn't seated correctly!!! so I broke it down and built it back up 4 times total and then finaly when I put the case on the last time everything was perfect! oh and its still out of the car! tested it on the bench and its working great! just need to fill it with fluid and go! does Mobil 1 ATF Full synthetic sound like good fluid? Cause thats what I bought! Oh and I have never done anything rebuilding wise and I have to say it was pretty damn easy! with the help of the information on this site I would recomend rebuilding them your self or atleast trying! But I still hope it shifts well when it gets in the car! I'm putting a Centerforce Dual Friction in there and I replaced the slave cylinder how do I bleed that system? I'm going to do a search for it and I should come up with something! I'll keep you posted on how things are working!
Old 11-04-2006, 06:49 AM
Teching In

t56 rebuild done by me $150 , New Dual Friction Centerforce Clutch w/bearing $430, test drive.... Priceless!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

i would not use full synthetic just regular atf fluid im pretty sure it even says it in your owners manual not to use synthetic a manual doesnt need synthetic anyway
Old 11-07-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Veteran

That's cool you figured it out!

What manuals exactly did you use, and do you have a link to the threads you used?
Old 11-07-2006, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

We have the manuel on our website if you need it. It is under self help. www.t56rebuilds.com

Thanks,
Amber
Old 11-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

Default tranny rebuild

anyone in kansas want to do a tranny rebuild ha mine is making bad noises
Old 11-07-2006, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ls1Joe
We have the manuel on our website if you need it. It is under self help. www.t56rebuilds.com

Thanks,
Amber
Outstanding sponorship on your part. When my breaks, I'll know where to go.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:30 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks. We understand some customers do not have the option of sending it to us. These can be costly and sometimes funds are just not there. We do encourge on replacing certain parts if you do it yourself. That is one reason we have the self help and try to answer all questions when customers call or email us. We have an article on the T56 coming out in GMHT very soon that will help answer some questions.

Thanks,
Amber