Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec 3+ information

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spec 3+ information

I currently have a Spec stage 5 in my car right now. I love the clutch but it needs to be rebuilt. I wish it was a little smoother. I was talking to a technician from spec, and he let me know that I should try the spec stage 3+ if I want to buy another clutch. he said that it holds like a stage 4/5 but with the drive ability of the spec stage 3. I was wonder if anyone has this clutch or has heard anything on this clutch. All information is welcome, good or bad. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Veteran

If it has the drivability of a stage 3, then that's not saying much. I was told by Spec that all a 3+ is a Stage 5 disc with a stage 3 pressure plate. So that's where the drivability comes from. On paper the 3+ seems like it would be a good streetable clutch, being a full faced disc instead of a puck design like the 3, but Spec's rep and quality has been dwindling around here.

What was it like rolling with the stage 5 on the street? Did you drive it everyday?
Old 11-10-2006, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Yes I drove it everyday. I was fine for me. Just had to get use to the spec chater out of first. first was the only gear that chattered. Other than that, it was fine. When i needed to bang gears it was right there with me. Before the spec, i had a brand new z06 clutch that lasted about two and half months. too much power i guess for that clutch. By any chance, do you know where I can pick up a cartek. i hear people like that clutch and it is the same price as the spec stage 3+. Thanks for the info.