Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help!!!!! Fast! Please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!! Fast! Please!

Ok Im Installing A New Slave In My 99 Ss Right Now.. And How The **** Do I Get The Hydraulic Line Off Of The Slave Cylinder? I Went To Kragens And They Gave Me A Fuel Line Tool.. Of Course That Didnt Work Wasnt Bigg Enough And Wasnt Thing Enough! How Do I Get This Line Off The Damn Slave!?!?

Also.. The Guy I Bought This Car From Said Its A Z06 Clutch.. How Do I Tell If It A Z06 Clutch? Anything I Can Look For? I Cant Tell.. The Pressure Plate Looks Like A Off Greenish/brown. How Can I Tel What Clutch It Is!?
Old 11-19-2006, 12:01 AM
TECH Regular

You'll need to crack the bleeder to relieve pressure and it should then disconnect when pushing the white sleeve forward. I think the quick disconnect tools state to relieve pressure prior to use as well. Hope this helps....
Old 11-19-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Regular

oh **** i forgot to mention. that end of the slave was broken off inside the tranny. it snapped completely off of the slave. it was just in there hanging with the line inside of it.. now what?
Old 11-19-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Regular

hmmmm....if the line going into the slave is broken at the slave, then there should be no pressure in the line. You should be able to push the white plastic sleeve forward on opposite sides while pushing and then pulling back on the line from the master - it should pull out. I wouldn't force it though since it may damage the master portion of the line.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:30 AM
TECH Regular

yea i was trying that.. but no bueno, it wouldnt come loose. isnt there a tool that i can get? like the tool that you take fuel lines off with? i tryed the fuel line tool but that wouldnt fit.. i running a thin metal spark plug gapper in it to push the pins down.. an nothing