Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

M6 Fluid Change

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M6 Fluid Change

I have 2002 WS6 M6 with 105+ miles on it. Owner's manual for 2002 states that the manual transmission fluid does not require changing. So that's what I have done, not changed it. From what I've been reading there are many out there that are changing their fluid. Being that there is a debate on which fluid to use it seems safest to RTFM (Read The @&#!)# Manual). So what gives?

Do I change it? If so, would I expect to have any problems?

Thanks

QUOTED FROM THE OWNER'S MANUAL
"Manual Transmission Fluid
When to Check
A good time to have it checked is when the engine
oil is changed. However, the fluid in your manual
transmission doesn’t require changing."
Old 11-20-2006, 02:48 PM
On the tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are soo full of it as far as the changing goes. It is Dex III in the tranny and I am sure to some point that the gears in the tranny at some point start to break the fluid down by shearing the oil.

i changed mine, went right back in with reg ole DEx III by Valvoline. I went with regular version too, no synthetic at this time as most builders are saying to use reg Dex III.

My fluid was only 25,000 miles or so old as my tranny was replaced about two years ago and the fluid ws very dark and had some metal flakes in it. I was not worried about the flakes but the darkness of the oil.

Tranny seems to shift smoother now. Still driving it to see if any of the old quirks show up.

Quick Reply: M6 Fluid Change