Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Newbe Help!!! T56 not fuctioning

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newbe Help!!! T56 not fuctioning

Hello everyone, I searched all the threads but still could not find the answer, so I decided to ask away before I take her to the dealer (stealer) or to a shop and get charged gazillion$$$.
Here it goes, when accelarating the whole tranny feels like its coming up, moving upward, backwards. To add to that, on complete stop launching, the tires wont even brake loose. It feels like tranny is popping and moving sideways or back and forth. It feels as its about to die, even at 4k RPMs it wont brake loose, but sputters around. On the roll starts, it feels as if the tranny cant pull away, but the shifter in the 1st moves all the back to almost 2nd gear spot (well, at least it feels liek it), but mainly its the coming up of the tranny that drives me insane.
I am actually scared.
please let me know what you think. I am not sure if its motor mounts -(against it is the fact that tires wont spin and the engine sputters, or maybe not against it)
Tranny mount- (well, i am completely clueless)
Torque arms-????
Please help, I am not sure what to do next...
Old 11-25-2006, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like your clutch isnt catching AND your tranny mount is busted.

tranny mount if the shifter moves when accelerating

clutch if it wont catch and break the tires loose, even at 4000 rpm.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if it is bogging down and sputtering there is nothing wrong with the clutch as it is pulling down the Rs . if it were slipping, the Rs would jump up. As far as not breaking the tires loose goes, did it ever do this? are you new to the car and want to do this? It could just be technique that is learned.Other wise you have an engine problem. The shifter movement is prolly mout/ mount issues.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Thanks you guys!!!
It was the tranny mount. It was completely seperated- therefore the going up and down of the shifter.
The other sputtering feeling- well, as I said- NEWBE mistake. Just got the car and did not ralize that it had an ASR, my other Formula did not have it
the problem is fixed now
Thansk again guys.

Quick Reply: Newbe Help!!! T56 not fuctioning