Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Good compromise Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good compromise Clutch?

Ok, so my slave is going out on me (so I think) and am looking to replace the clutch and hydraulics. I currently have the ls6 clutch in there but here's my dilemna. The LS6 clutch can't take more than one nasty run through the gears with my setup. I've got 400rwhp on the motor and occassionally spray the car. I also drive the car 150 miles DAILY! I don't really mind a nasty clutch but i previously had a spec 3 that got destroyed in 10k miles...most likely due to slipping the thing in traffic a lot. Any suggestions?

Also, the flywheel in my car currently has 30k miles on it. Normally in the past ive replaced these with the clutch. Should i still do this?

P.S. Im trying to avoid anything over 1g as i just don't really want to spend that much...if i don't have to.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YEah... I like my McLeod single. A bit pricey for the whole kit. But it holds well and has a stock like engaugement to it. I think it's good for 700hp. I've powershifted a couple times since my new T56 Reb and Clutch system swap. I hit second at around 5000rpm and it kicked them tires out soo fast. Hammered into third and she held the whole time.