Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Slipping or Slave

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Slipping or Slave

I have a 1 yr old Spec 3 thats done wonders for me. Recently I've been losing clutch fluid. My resevoir will be empty but will have lots of pressure on it when I remove the rubber boot from the resevoir. I have headers but the lines are heat shielded. I think there's fluid coming from the slit on the bottom of the tranny(stock). My main problem is that for less than a second, my clutch will act like its slipping right when I hit the gas while Im cruizing down the highway. After that, it wont do it unless I cruise a little longer and hit it again. I think the slave(stock) is leaking onto the clutch causing it to slip until it heats up and burns the fluid of. Anybody know where to start.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your slave broke. Only way to find out is to pull the tranny, disconnect the slave and look at it. If it's broke, more then likely you'll have a crack some where on the inside of it. That's where mine was cracked when mine broke.

And since you have it down, mind as well replace the clutch. If fluid got on it, it's pretty much done.