Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

slave cylinder bleeder leaking

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slave cylinder bleeder leaking

Ok I am now on my 3rd slave cylinder. the 1st one leaked straight through the housing. must have been a bad casting. i have since installed 2 more slave cylinders and they both leak as well. The first was definately defective, but I am not so sure about the next two. The 2nd one kept leaking around the bleeder where it screws into the slave. I had this one warrantied out as well, and the newest one is leaking in the same place.

It doesn't leak when you push the pedal, but after sitting a couple hours. We have bled the system and the pedal feels good. We sprayed the area with brake cleaner to clean all the brake fluid off the slave and housing and blew it dry with air. Then with a mirror and light we looked at the area around the bleeder to make sure it had no fluid residue where it screws in. All is nice and dry. Pump the clutch a bunch of times and no fluid. Come back in 4-5 hours and there is drops coming out between the tranny and bell housing. Take the light and mirror to view the slave and it is dripping from where the bleeder screws in.

This is the same as the second slave but we swapped it out for this one as we thought maybe we had over tightned the bleeder and damaged the seat. Now this one is doing the same thing. This should be a non issue. I have bled many cars and never had this problem. What gives.

btw my car is a 93 rx7 with an 02 ls1 with a t56. I am running a fidanza ls2 flywheel with a ls7 clutch and pp. The slaves have all been the newest ones(#1054688). The mc is a wilwwod from hinson supercars setup to work with the t56 slave. I am stumped

mike
Old 12-16-2006, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bumpy

Quick Reply: slave cylinder bleeder leaking