Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

full T-56 rebuild?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy full T-56 rebuild?

O.K. first off i have looked around this forum a good bit and maybe i over looked it but i haven't really found anything that can properly diagnoss my symptoms.
nextly I don't baby my car....not by a long shot...I race when ever I can but most of my damage is done on the track. I do powershift when I race as well.

now here's the prob. When I am shifting in a hurry I make the 1-2 just fine but the 2-3 tends to grind if I dont let off the gas completely and push in the clutch fully and precisely place the shifter into 3rd...basically granny shift from 2-3. the 3-4 shift is fine.
This problem first occurred after a long night at the track...among other things such as the shifter poping out of 3rd during regular driving as well as lots of slippage ( or what I think is slippage ) Naturally I figured my clutch was fried. Which was expected. So i purchased and had a SPEC 3 installed. After the clutch was put in the 3rd gear pop-out-age was gone as well as the slippage. BUT I was still having trouble with make a quick 2-3 power, or even speed shift. I have been told that I should get a rebuild on my t-56, because I could have bent forks and bad syncros, but I am starting to think that it could be solely bad syncros as the culprit. so full rebuild or just syncros?

Can someone please help me figure this out I am desperate. thanks.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i had the same exact problem the drill mod fixed mine. there is a orifice inside your steel braided clutch line that needs to be drilled out. now i can powershift the hell of third