Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I need a slave dont I?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a slave dont I?

Well today i went to push the clutch in for the first time in a while and it wasnt bolted on, so it made a loud pop, i looked down and for some reason someone had unbolted it, idk why but they did. Anyways i tightened it up and now the pedal is really hard to push in and then it doesnt pop out again, i need a slave dont I? I am pretty much sure this is the problem i just want to make sure
Old 12-17-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you mean someone unbolted it
Old 12-17-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I honeslty dont know why, but the bracket that holds it to the firewall was unbolted and i didnt know about it, i dont understand why they did that since all they wanted me to do was move the resevour out of the way so they could paint the engine bay but o well, it is what it is, cant explain it but im not happy about it either
Old 12-17-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When my slave went I had the fluid leaking out of the bell housing.
Do you mean your master cylinder? The slave is right on the clutch release bearing.

If guess if your pedal came off the hinge it may have damaged your master cylinder, it looks like a hydroylic piston. The shinny metal bit slides inside the black tube to create pressure for the clutch. If this shinny bit is bent then it wont slide inside the black bit so well. Perhaps it work taking a look up under your dash, its a pain up there, and you get some odd look with your legs hanging out of the t-tops while your head is under the dash, but you'll get there. A new master cylinder could get you back about 150bucks, depending where you go of course, cant remember the website I got one from now. Good luck.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry, yea its the master cylinder, i always consider the slave and master cylinde one in the same because when we get them its all one unit, but yes i ment my master cylinder. Im going to go ahead and order my GM one on Monday and swap them all out, i think our cost on it is about $95 or so, kind of sucks but a new slave and master cylinder would be better to have anyways. But yes, the rod is bent, fluid is leaking from the cylinder, so im going to replace it.

Quick Reply: I need a slave dont I?