Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Water in clutch bell housing possible damage

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in Clutch Bell Housing possible damage

Water in Clutch Bell housing possible damage?? I installed a new RAM HD clutch with matching RAM flywheel and new 02 slave cylinder last July also did a cam swap TSP 228R well around August i ran into some deep water and my bad luck hydrolocked the engine well i replaced the engine and now the clutch is slipping badly in any gear also the clutch chatter is to much now and is only getting worse it shakes the hole car i'm afraid this will damage something else. The clutch was fine before the water damage, i liked the way it felt, the water level was up to half the rim so I'm sure that it got into the bell housing since when I took everything apart there was dirt and grass all inside i didn't notice any aperant damage to the flywheel or the clutch disk or pressure plate could the water couse my clutch to go out???

Thinking about buying another RAM HD set and also replace the master cylinder what do you all think, should i stick with RAM or go with SPEC 3+???

Last edited by EGV00TA; 12-21-2006 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Shouldn't be a problem, just clean everything with brake cleaner while you have it apart and you should be good

Might wanna replace the TB though as the water prolly washed away the internal grease, which may cause it to squeak and eventually fail
Old 12-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did clean it of with brake cleaner and installed everything back on and it's slipping bad. at first it was fine it would only do it in 6th gear but it gradually got worse and now it does it in every gear. I have also bleed the system 3 times, this clutch never saw the track and was driven normal with a few hard launches to try out the new cam after 500 miles of babying it, but other than that i drove the car from Little Rock AFB to El Paso TX 2 round trips and thats when i ran into some flooding down in Abeline Tx.

Quick Reply: Water in clutch bell housing possible damage