Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 Rebuilds Review...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 01:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up T56 Rebuilds Review...

Ok, I've got about 3000 miles on my 4B package I got from T56 Rebuild.com. If anyone is looking for a rebuild for their T56, I highly recomend this! I've never dealt with customer service this good! Not even at the BANK! They let you know when your trans is being put together, and when it is shipping. After the trans is installed is not even the end. They forward you a mailing label for the trans with shipping already paid! Just slap the sticker on there and send it off!...

The shipping was fast! Granted they are in Huston TX and I am next door in NM, but still. Amber had an issue with my card # so instead, she mailed me a check for my core money! I was coming home from leave and the check made it there before I did! I had a couple of questions and Amber was more then willing to answer any of them. Thank you for your time!

I installed a McLeod Single disk clutch and all new hydraulic system. (they even included a nifty, super kewl GM clutch line disconnect tool with the transmission!) The transmission is holding up great. It seems to like to be shifted rough.... .... I've powershifted from 1st to 4th, with NO problems at all! This Mothereffer can take a beating! And that clutch grabs like crazy! It has an almost stock feel to it, other than the heavy pedal.

Don't let the rubbermaid packaging throw you! That transmission is almost worth it's weight in gold! -Metophorically speaking of course- I have seen other "Performance Built" transmissions w/ just syncros that sell for $2000 W/ OUT THE CORE! This trans was built w/ a lot of performance guts and Ran me $2200, (4b) that included the $500 core price! That's a Total rebuild price of $1700. A hell of a lot better deal than I found at 'other' places!

And from what Amber has told me, Joe beats the crap out of his own rebuilt T56 and if anything is going to break in that trans, he knows what it is! I was also told that if they have ANY doubt that a gear or part will not work, they do not use it. It is discarded and they use a new set.

I am 125% satisfied with my rebuild and I have the utmost confidence with this transmission and I HIGHLY recomend this service to ANYONE that is in need of a rebuild!!!! They offer a variety of pricing to suit any budget, from mild to WILD! And the Friendly customer service that returns calls and keeps you informed!!!

Thank you Joe and Amber! Thank You!

Last edited by bayer-z28; 12-21-2006 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Richard,

I am glad you are enjoying your transmission. You use the words "Joe bets the crap out of his". Thats an under statement. Our transmission probably sees 5 times the abuse most of ours customers do. We do know what works and what doesn't. I am surely not affraid to take one of our transmissions to the track and bet the sh*t out of it. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!

Amber
T56Rebuilds.com
Old 12-21-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Addict

ditto!

I just bought package 4A over the weekend...Amber returned my calls, she was consise and TO THE POINT, the way I like it...I went with the 4A because it had everything but the micronite finishing...i needed the extra coin i saved by not getting the micronite for injectors sooo money well spent IMO.

Other than that I am happy, I have not gotten the tranny yet...once it comes and goes in, we shall see, I am excited. It is going to work along with my Textralia Exo Skel

Amber-if you read this again...I have a few questions, should I call or just PM you?
Thanks
Erik Bentley
Old 12-21-2006, 02:37 PM
FormerVendor

Erik,

You can PM me if you like. I already left for the afternoon so I can get right back to you via pm. You can call my cell also if you like 832-488-0533. Might take me a minute to answer.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 12-21-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

Ugh... i cannot wait till my tax returns get back so i can get the 4b package along with the exoskel... Ive forgotten... when does tax returns happen? Is it like march or april? too long...
Old 12-21-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

i was going to go 4b, but like i said, needed the $ for injectors...
i think micronite is badass but eh, my car wont turn that much power...

also couldnt wait for the lead time due to outside circumstances..

E
Old 12-22-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah right Erik... You you or any of us can't leave well enough alone to be satisfied w/ it's current power level...

Last edited by bayer-z28; 12-22-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

hahah yeah true...what the hell am i thinking
Old 12-22-2006, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

very good people to do business with, done plenty of business with them this year
Old 12-23-2006, 12:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
I've never dealt with customer service this good! Not even at the BANK!
You get good service from your Bank ???? They must be bloody different in the US than over here..cos our banks suck !!!!!

Good news though, as hopefully my T56 will be with me soon from Amber and Joe

Not here for my Xmas prezzie though
Old 12-24-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Veteran

^ Yeah I have a Bank down here in New Mexico. People in the southern US seem to be more friendly vs. up north in Connecticut. I am originally from there. CT is rather snoody, and stuck up high maintenance people.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

So let me get this strait. T-56rebuilds pay for the shipping to their shop and back to your place. I am currently have some very minor problems with my t-56 and I might be looking at a rebuild soon.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:01 AM
FormerVendor

It all depends on our monthly special. December is free shipping both ways. Januarys will not be that as I am going to change it up a bit. to get the free shipping you would have to call this week and get the label. It would have to be sent in before the 10th of January or it would not apply.

Thanks
Amber
T56rebuilds.com

Merry christmas to everyone!
Old 12-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amber/Joe...you guys build one hell of a transmission. Even after driving it for a few months, it is still really, really smooth shifting, and hasn't given me one bit of crap like my previous two factory T-56s.

For you guys in the military like me, they really worked hard to work around my schedule. I was scheduled to PCS this last summer, and they couldn't get my transmission shipped to me in Florida in time for me to get it installed before I moved. They worked with me, and had it sent to my new place in Dayton, OH no problems. It took me a while to get it in, and they didn't have a problem with that at all. It really helped me out.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Ya, Thanks a lot Joe and Amber. I ordered a bunch of rebuild parts through them, and could not have had a better experience. Everyone is very knowledgable, and their customer service is far beyond that of anyone I have ever delt with. Keep up the great work guys!

Quick Reply: T56 Rebuilds Review...