Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Text 0z700 owners, got a few ??

Old 01-02-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Text 0z700 owners, got a few ??

So I have about 400 miles on my clutch and it feels fine I was just curious how far do you have your pedela up when it engages. Also I can hear the clutch just a little bit when Im at idle...I guess it just the clutch disc . Its not very loud but I can hear it, when I push the pedal in I cant so like I said I guess its just the clutch disc, just curious if others hear theres.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99WS7
So I have about 400 miles on my clutch and it feels fine I was just curious how far do you have your pedela up when it engages. Also I can hear the clutch just a little bit when Im at idle...I guess it just the clutch disc . Its not very loud but I can hear it, when I push the pedal in I cant so like I said I guess its just the clutch disc, just curious if others hear theres.

I have a problem with mine, bought it from byunspeed last year, and it is very inconsistant with where it engauges. I hoped its just air in my line, but bleeding the clutch didnt help.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine seems to engage a little bit past 1/2 way to the top. I get a bit of noise at idle in neutral, but no more than I did with the stock clutch.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

Its probably normal as far as the noise goes. Mine will engage about 1/4 the way up, just didnt know if it was supose too. It seemed to bleed though.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:20 AM
10 Second Club

mine engages about 1/2 way up. if the noise goes away when you push in the clutch it could be the throw out bearing.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:32 AM
TECH Resident

Mine engages at about 1/2-3/4 of the way up. Does anybody else's textralia make a squealing noise when you are engaging the clutch? Mine does it really bad.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jimmard
Mine engages at about 1/2-3/4 of the way up. Does anybody else's textralia make a squealing noise when you are engaging the clutch? Mine does it really bad.
Sure DID. Used to at least. I called Pete from Textralia and we took care of that problem. It turns out I was babying the clutch too much. Gotta let this girl burn at the track. If you arent going to the track, try 3000 rpms starts in 2nd gear, or when crusing in 5th or 6th, push the clutch in a lil bit and rev the engine so it maintains your speed.

No more squealing here, Just inconsistant engaging points now
Old 01-03-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

so why is mine engaging so low....it shifts fine, is something messed up? Should I try to bleed it again. Damn I hope something isn't messed up...

If the noise does not go away and it turns out to be my throw out bearing, what kind of damage will it cause. Isn't normal to here the clutch disc a little bit?
Old 01-03-2007, 10:38 AM
TECH Resident

Default Clutch

WS I have the same issue with my OZ700 it releases down by the floor and engages there as well. Once started it is worse. So my friend is going to make my factory truck Masrer Cylinder adjustable to hopefully take care of the same issue your having. If you find out something let me know please.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got the same problem here. Since installing my OZ700, my Mcloed adjustable master no longer holds line pressure. I disconnected no hydraulics during this install but did bleed it out when I noticed this problem. There was no air in the lines I have tried adjusting it to no avail. Maybe I need to adjust it more? I don't get any air in the system, and pumping the pedal back up (don't have to disengage the clutch, just pump on the pedal until resistance is felt, usually twice does it.)when sitting idle corrects it. Any help here would be appreciated.

Maybe this clutch should have a shim?
Old 01-03-2007, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

Default Adjusting Clutch

I just can not figure out for the life of me why some off you are not having this problem and others of us are. I was told as well to either shim the clutch OR get an adjustable Master Cylinder and I think I am going the adjustable route BUT I also see some have an adjustable Master Cylinder and still have the same issue?? WTF is going on with these clutches?
Old 01-03-2007, 05:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 04GIBBS
I just can not figure out for the life of me why some off you are not having this problem and others of us are. I was told as well to either shim the clutch OR get an adjustable Master Cylinder and I think I am going the adjustable route BUT I also see some have an adjustable Master Cylinder and still have the same issue?? WTF is going on with these clutches?

I was told that these clutches were not designed to be shimmed and if you are having problems with the grabbing point I have heard the 01 and up masters work the best. Been told that some of the older masters caused this issue and some did not. One of those things. I do not know if this is true or what year vehicles you have but worth checking into.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Resident

Default truck

Damn I Have a 2004 Silverado but the master was used?? I am going to try the adjustment first and then go from there. BUT I think it is just so damn strange these problems are so sparatic.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

I had that problem (low engagement) when I put the Tex in so I went with the Mcleod Adj. Seemed to work but was inconsistent. Then I found out that the Tex was not supposed to be used with anything but a stock master because of the volume of fluid of the Mcleod. I guess that it can cause over travel of the pres plate. Car is up on jacks now with tranny out and all new stock hydraulics going in. Send a note to Pete at Textralia, great cusomer service over there...
Old 01-03-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

I have the factory truck Master Cylinder and I have the pedal releasing on the floor?
Old 01-03-2007, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

Don't know for sure, but maybe the Ram adjustable. I think it's the same as a stocker as far as the volume goes but I'd check with Tex so as not to ruin a pretty expensive clutch. When I first put the clutch in it had an old ('98) master so I am replacing everything with the '01 stuff. Wish I could be more help but the car is down for the winter and I won't know if the new hydraulics solved the problem for a couple of months.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chuckyt1
I had that problem (low engagement) when I put the Tex in so I went with the Mcleod Adj. Seemed to work but was inconsistent. Then I found out that the Tex was not supposed to be used with anything but a stock master because of the volume of fluid of the Mcleod. I guess that it can cause over travel of the pres plate. Car is up on jacks now with tranny out and all new stock hydraulics going in. Send a note to Pete at Textralia, great cusomer service over there...

This guy is correct. Textralia recommends a stock master cylinder only for their clutches, and they are not supposed to be shimmed.

FWIW, I am having a similar problem with mine. It engages very close to the floor, and it actually does not completely disengage. You can do an check for this by putting your car in 1st, pressing clutch to the floor, and revving up to ~4000 rpm (on level ground). If the car moves forward, the clutch is not disengagin completely.

I have not figured out what my problem is yet, but I am going to replace my 2000 master cylinder with a new GM one and see what that does.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Default Master

Are yaul telling me that perhaps the master cylinder is bad or just not functioning properly? When my foot is allthe way on the floor it is disengaing down close to the floor as well?
Old 01-03-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FbodyAttraction
Sure DID. Used to at least. I called Pete from Textralia and we took care of that problem. It turns out I was babying the clutch too much. Gotta let this girl burn at the track. If you arent going to the track, try 3000 rpms starts in 2nd gear, or when crusing in 5th or 6th, push the clutch in a lil bit and rev the engine so it maintains your speed.

No more squealing here, Just inconsistant engaging points now
Really? I've only taken the car to the track once with the new clutch, and I do not excessively slip the clutch at all. Maybe thats why I am having the squealing problem. I'll have to try that remedy and see if it works. Thanks. As far as the pedal position is concerned. I am running a brand new master and slave, so I dont know why mine would still be engaging kinda low. I have bled the hydrolics many times as well trying to fix it. Maybe it is just not broken in all the way yet?
Old 01-03-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

The setup I got had 7K miles on it, I just converted a truck to a 6 speed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Text 0z700 owners, got a few ??