Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

and.......The TA breaks down.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default and.......The TA breaks down.

so the past few days my clutch has been squeaking sometimes when it is depressed...then the last time i drove it (4 days ago) i could feel alot of vibration through the clutch pedal. Well yesterday the weather was nice so i decided to take it out for a lil bit.. i washed it, put gas in it, and drove about 5 miles, and i was in 4th gear, pulled it out to put it in neutral and it came out really harshly as if i wasnt even using the clutch...i released the pedal and it barely came up at all. i pressed it down again and it was really stiff, squeaked, and i tried to press it down more and i heard a grinding noise so i didnt bother with it any more, and just coasted into a parking lot. I tried to start it about 30min later and it wouldnt even turn over. I also noticed right before it happend i was idling in a friends driveway and with it in neutral without pressing the clutch i could hear a rattling noise that wasnt too loud, but i could hear it over my car with open exhaust cutout. Any ideas on what this could be? I was thinking possible slave cyl, or throwout bearing. Someone else also suggested a bad flywheel. Clutch/trans/motor all have 6k miles on them. and clutch is a spec stage 2. Thanks,
James
Old 01-03-2007, 04:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Without seeing it I would suggest a flywheel issue. Sounds like you have welded the disk together. We did that on a viper a long time ago and had similar issues. The vibration would possibly be coming from a clutch issue.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Amber
T56Rebuilds.com
Old 01-03-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

This post scares me...I have 400 miles on my clutch (new text oz700) and can hear a light washing rock sound from my clutch.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

That is most likley coming from your tranny mine has been doing that from the day i got it over 10k ago with 2 different clutches.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:10 AM
TECH Resident

thanks for the replies guys..anyone else have any input on this?
Old 01-04-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

my mechanic says its the slave cylinder, but now the problem is figuring out what caused it to fail..he says a few teeth could be ruined on the clutch...any ideas? thanks guys