Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Positive note for Spec 3+

Old 01-06-2007, 12:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Positive note for Spec 3+

Well, I just got home from removing my POS Centerforce clutch and installing my new Spec 3+ and Spec Billet steel flywheel. I've only got about 20 miles on it so far, but I already like it better than the Centerforce. Engagement is ultra smooth, absolutely no clutch chatter whatsoever and shifting is great! I also went ahead and installed a new Hurst Billet plus shifter while it was out. Shifter feels great, nice positive shifts. So far everything is great. I will try to remember and post up once it's broken in and get to do some powershift and high rpm clutch drops.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:20 AM
TECH Junkie

I love mine as well....I have about 7000 to 10,000 miles on it now, cant remember exacty offhand how many miles my Z has on it.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:15 AM
10 Second Club

One thing I forgot to mention in my first post was that I had everything balanced. I've done some reading on here and some people say to balance them and some people say it's a waste of money. Between my pressure plate and flywheel, the whole assembly was off by only 3 grams. The guy that did the balancing said that this was one of the best balanced set ups that he's seen. I guess most other brands are off by quite a bit more than this one. I was really glad to hear it was great out of the box. I may not had to have this extra step done, but it was worth it in my mind.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:16 AM
On The Tree

great to hear more positive results from everyone here.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:05 AM
10 Second Club

Well, I finally have my 3+ broken and I LOVE it!! I did just about every run you can and never even thought of slipping! I dumped from a line, from a slow and a fast roll. It just grabbed harder and harder. It is the best clutch I've ever driven. I'm not sure what made it work out as well as it does, must have been the attention to details?

Search this Thread