Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

trans temp gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 12:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Default trans temp gauge?

ok so i have seen install directions for the auto transmissions but NONE for the manuals.

i've done about 5 searches. but i guess i just must still be "search illiterate" like i've been told before.

i am going to install a transmission temperature gauge and cannot find the best of instructions. i've heard that autometers instructions suck and would like to be well prepared for my task at hand.

i also got a oil temp gauge so if anyone has any points or hints at installing that i'd be most appreciative!

remember i have a t-5 transmission...not a t-56 like most of you guys...i'm not 100% sure the complete difference but any pointers would be great!

thanks!

travis-tbird
Old 01-06-2007, 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

anybody?
Old 01-06-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the best set up I ve seen is to install the thermo wire/ probe in the drain plug. It will take drilling and silver-soldering the plug but it will get the data you want. BTW its the same advice for a T56.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by calhoon
the best set up I ve seen is to install the thermo wire/ probe in the drain plug. It will take drilling and silver-soldering the plug but it will get the data you want. BTW its the same advice for a T56.
so what you're saying is for the trans temp sensor, theoretically i should be able to hook it up the same way you do on a auto trans.

and for the oil temp yea i've heard of drilling the oil plug.

Quick Reply: trans temp gauge?