Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

centerforce

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default centerforce

the clutch was bought by a shop the old owner had the clutch install done through. it was put on november 2005, and has about 4000 miles on it. would centerforce warranty it? some of the weights fell off and it chatters like all hell.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:00 PM
12 Second Club

I dont think the weights do anything. The fingers are much too short to add much clamping. The cover is just the hd Valeo cover and the chatter may be driving habits or motor mounts as well. My car will chatter if you dont rpm it enough and or let the pedal out too far too early. Usually I get no chatter, but if it does, I just push in the clutch and re release. Some chatter is the result of the metalic pads on the flywheel side of the disk being an aggressive meterial. Factory gear ratios will worsen this condition. Hold the clutch at the roll point just a bit longer. My muncie with 3.70 gears requires this kind of driving with the 2.52 low and 3.70 rear being like most cars starting out in 2nd. I dont think the f cars are geared much deeper than this.

If its too bad, I'd replace it. Good luck with it. I don't think their warranty goes that many miles. I dont remember for sure.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Veteran

yea, the chatter happens when going up the driveway, itll do it if i blip the gas, not actually give it a good 2k quick rev. i have 4.10s so i dont think it would chatter even at low rpm. it seems like it only does it when the clutch is hot.