Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Please help! Clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help! Clutch problems

I don't know if I have a clutch problem, or hydralic problem or what. So, here's the deal... I can go wot thru two gears, 1st and 2nd or 2nd and 3rd etc. The clutch doesn't slip or anything, but if I get in it hard, I can go thru two gears then i'll go to switch again and the pedal will stick to rhe floor and the clutch won't disengage for a few seconds. I was thinking maybe it is the pressure plate, or the slave cylinder?? I really have know idea, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

Im thinking its more of an hydraulic problem, than a mechanical problem. You know what a slipping clutch feels like, right?
Old 02-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSTYCOON
Im thinking its more of an hydraulic problem, than a mechanical problem. You know what a slipping clutch feels like, right?
yeah. The the clutch isn't slipping at all. Like when I take off, it pulls strong, until I try to bang a few gears. Slippage is def. not the problem.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It is most likely the clutch master cylinder. My car was doing the same thing and I replaced it with the Mcleod adjustable master cylinder and the problem went away. If you dont want to spend the money on the Mcleod you can get a GM one for about $150. Also I dont know what year your car is but the ones for 01-02 are an upgrade for earlier years. Do a search on here there are several other people that have had the same problem.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Question wont disengage

well, im assuming this is a clutch/pressure plate problem.. but ill ask for opinions, i can push the pedal to the floor it feels like it has normal pressure and returns fine, and all but the clutch does not disengage (cant change gears). no leakege etc... im guessing my clutch is messed up doesnt really sound like a hydraulic prob since it still has pressure.... before this happened my great spec clutch was slipping if that helps.....
Old 02-20-2007, 04:13 PM
FormerVendor

Default Answers...

Chuck your problem sounds like a hydraulic issue as mentioned above. Let us know what the result is after replacing the Slave and Master...

As for foshizl, a clutch that doesn't release may also be hydraulic. Are you able to put the car in gear when the ignition turned off? If so, does the car creep when you start it in gear? Let me know and I will be happy to assist you with further trouble shooting.

Quick Reply: Please help! Clutch problems