Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Funny clutch disenguagement?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Funny clutch disenguagement?

When I get above 4,000rpm and push the clutch in FAST! I hear a small amount of noise kinda like a rusty screw right as it breaks the friction point. I also feel the SLIGHTEST bit of vibration in the clutch pedal (more like a "gritty" feeling kinda), which is why I think it might just be the fluid squeezing through the restriction as fast as it can (no drill mod). The clutch disenguages fine and the tranny shifts smooth as butter, it just is something that I am wondering about. Is this because I do not have the "drill mod"?

Last edited by BLKWS.6; 03-04-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:09 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably a broken spring on the clutch disc.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:14 AM
Banned

I think its just hydraulic fluid flowing fast through the non-drill modded line. It sounds kinda like that to me at least. Just wondering if others notice it?
Old 03-04-2007, 12:29 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You must just be crazy...thats it.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need a clutch!!!

you listen for sounds rather than the sound of your engine?
Old 03-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Banned

Meh, more and more I think about it the sound coming from the driver-side foot area leads me to think i am just hyper sensetive and hearing the fluid squeezing through GM's damn restriction and feeling it "lag" a little on the clutch.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

dude, i think i could sneeze 10 feet from your car and you would be on here asking what is wrong with it.

i thought for a while your car wasent giving you fits. i guess i was wrong.
i dont know if your very **** or if these are truely serious mechanical problems. id like you to drive my car and see. or better yet i would like to ride in your car to see if my car is falling apart or if your ****.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bww3588
dude, i think i could sneeze 10 feet from your car and you would be on here asking what is wrong with it.

i dont know if your very **** or if these are truely serious mechanical problems. id like you to drive my car and see. or better yet i would like to ride in your car to see if my car is falling apart or if your ****.
I will fully agree that I am **** about it. I was just curious if this was why all you guys did the "drill mod" is all. The car runs great, never grinds, shifts like butter, and the clutch fluid looks like 1500 mile old oil. Pretty clean. It just makes a sound kinda like when you turn the wheel all the way to the bump stop when you stab the clutch in at higher rpms and I wondered if I were hearing the fluid and that little restriction GM put in is all. No drivability or mechanical issue is present that I am aware of.

EDIT:
Well, reverse is hard to get into sometimes, takes a bit of arm to get it to go all teh way in, especially in the cold. Never grinds though, I hear that is just nature of the beast on a T56 though and never worried about it.

Last edited by BLKWS.6; 03-04-2007 at 03:56 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reverse is always gonna give you a problem here or there. doesnt matter what fluid/clutch you use. its the nature of the T56.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

not only is that the nature, but the reverse synchro for reverse has the most stress put on it.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Banned

not only is that the nature, but the reverse synchro for reverse has the most stress put on it.
Why? I mean, I understand "nature of the beast" but I don't get why it has the most stress. All it does is slow the tranny from 750rpm to 0. Never does it deal with a redline shift (we hope!) Or do I not have an understanding of how it really works.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
Why? I mean, I understand "nature of the beast" but I don't get why it has the most stress. All it does is slow the tranny from 750rpm to 0. Never does it deal with a redline shift (we hope!) Or do I not have an understanding of how it really works.
but you have to understand that with a redline shift, say from 1-2 the tranny and motor are spinning relativily the same speed. depending on how fast you can shift.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Banned

but you have to understand that with a redline shift, say from 1-2 the tranny and motor are spinning relativily the same speed. depending on how fast you can shift.
I still dont see how 750rpm to 0 is a tough job.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Banned

Ok, well, figured out my noise me thinks. Drove it today and it did great. yesterday (and come to think of it every time I hear it...) I was in boots. I think I wasnt 100% off the gas and there was a little slippage the other times. Wore my flip-flops today and not a bit of trouble. I need driving shoes
Old 03-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Banned

Speaking of that, on the way home some guy in a base camaro rolled his window down and all but spat on my WS6 at the light. I was rolling up and had I got there a second sooner he would have spat on my left fender. Then he had the temerity (sp*) to ogle the **** out of my polish/wax job.

(In all honesty I dont think he was thinking/saw me when he spat).

Still irritating kinda.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:57 PM
12 Second Club

OCD!!!!!!!!!!!! i told you. i could sneeze at your car and you would think its got a blown motor.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:02 PM
12 Second Club

that would **** me off. the other day it was raining, and i was driving through town with 2 lanes in both directions, so this douche bag and one of his friends is sitting next to me at the light in a jeep cherokee, old *** POS 2WD. or somthing or other. the light turns green and i didnt see it and they move a few feet ahead and nail it and start spinning and slide over into my lane!, they get out of it and get it back but if i would have seen the light change they would have brought that POS into my fender. then the bastard turned around in his seat and started laughing. at the next light, i rolled down my window and told him if he does that **** again, id beat his *** to a bloody pulp. they left rapidly.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Banned

that would **** me off. the other day it was raining, and i was driving through town with 2 lanes in both directions, so this douche bag and one of his friends is sitting next to me at the light in a jeep cherokee, old *** POS 2WD. or somthing or other. the light turns green and i didnt see it and they move a few feet ahead and nail it and start spinning and slide over into my lane!, they get out of it and get it back but if i would have seen the light change they would have brought that POS into my fender. then the bastard turned around in his seat and started laughing. at the next light, i rolled down my window and told him if he does that **** again, id beat his *** to a bloody pulp. they left rapidly.
That, dear sir, is why I refuse to carry a firearm in my car. I know if some drunk hit me and started laughing I would be tempted to at LEAST brandish it. That is not good. I carry a collapsable steel baton. I want some satisfaction!
Old 03-04-2007, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
That, dear sir, is why I refuse to carry a firearm in my car. I know if some drunk hit me and started laughing I would be tempted to at LEAST brandish it. That is not good. I carry a collapsable steel baton. I want some satisfaction!
the thing was he wasetn drunk, just some punk *** kid. ohh if that ****** hit me, ida beat him till he stopped moving.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Banned

the thing was he wasetn drunk, just some punk *** kid. ohh if that ****** hit me, ida beat him till he stopped moving.
Point being I only carry a steel baton because it is a bit less of a liability and if I used it I would be at least satisfied.

Quick Reply: Funny clutch disenguagement?