Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Fragged Blocker Ring?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fragged Blocker Ring?

Well, I goofed up. The other day I was having a little fun and missed second gear. I know, I know, how the hell do you miss second? Now getting to the point, I can't down shift into second gear. It is fine going from first to second but when I am slowing down and need to down shift to second gear it feels like its locked out. This transmission only has a few thousand miles on it and all the good parts except the Viper mainshaft.

My question is what do you guys think I broke? I'm thinking I screwed up a blocker ring but could it be the engagement teeth on second grear, synchro keys or maybe the synchro sleeve.

This sucks, the only time I have missed a gear with the new transmission installed and its screwing up, the clash didn't seem that bad either.

Any help would be great!
Old 03-11-2007, 10:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you broke the blocker rings not the sleeve or the keys. The keys would cause it to get stuck in gear and the synchro sleeve is very hard to damage. It would be possible you damaged the teeth on the slider since they are suppose to be pointy. I would lean more towards a blocker ring issue. That is always a bad thing when missing gears. NO matter what rebuild you have or parts, not everything is fail safe when missing gears. That is why we love the faceplated tranny in our car. No issues with missing gears but it can be hell driving it on the street. Hope this helped you some.

Thanks,
Amber
Six Speeds Inc./T56Rebuilds.com

Quick Reply: Fragged Blocker Ring?