Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What are the limits of the stock T56? [Tried to search, but it's not working]

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What are the limits of the stock T56? [Tried to search, but it's not working]

I need to rebuild my trans. Well part of it.... I knew this when I bought it. It will not going into 2nd without a double cluch, and it pops out of reverse.

I plan on doing some mods to the car, and would like to get around 500hp out of it - high to mid 11's. Nothing too crazy, just fast enough for a fun, summer daily driver.

Should I just get the things that are currently broken fixed, or just replace everything since it will be out of the car. Since there could be a big price difference, I'm just wondering what I should go with?

Leave it stock, and fix what's wrong
Replace everything. Do it once, and do it right.

The Car is a 2001 Z, with 100k miles on it. I'm guessing it will cost under $500 to fix the trans back to stock, but around $1,000+ to build it better.

I have the money to redo the whole thing, but if the stock one can hold ~500hp, then I would like to save that money for other mods.

Thanks.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a refreshed stock setup will hold that kind of power. you should see t56rebuilds and speak with them on the parts you need. make sure the shift forks are good and replace the stock sliders at least.

Quick Reply: What are the limits of the stock T56? [Tried to search, but it's not working]