Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need Help Trans Hard To Shift Into All Gears

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Need Help Trans Hard To Shift Into All Gears

Hey guys I just installed a Ram Powergrip HD about a week ago along with a new style slave cylinder. Anyway I was out last night and raced one car all night otherwise I was just cruising around. Well after that race about 30 minutes later 1st and 2nd gear were very hard to get to engage. So I drove home and parked my car. Well I got it out today at about 7:30 p.m. and now its very hard to get into any gear escpecially reverse it grinds now.
What gives I can't figure it out by the way I do have a Pro 5.0 shifter and I took it back out just to make sure it wasn't that which was causing the hard shifts.

My friend thinks its the synchro's but why would all of them go out at the sametime especially 5th, 6th and reverse. I could maybe see 1-4 but not all the gears. I need help with this bad as race season starts in 3 weeks for me.

Thanks for all the help anyone can give
Old 03-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Launching!

Come on guys I need help with this problem
Old 03-25-2007, 10:21 PM
12 Second Club

does your clutch stick at all?
Old 03-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Launching!

My clutch did stick but we re-bled the whole system and it helped a little but it still won't shift for **** could the drill mod help me out even more like maybe I'm not getting enough fluid in there
Old 03-28-2007, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The drill mod will only address quick shifts. Your prob. seems to still be a poorly releasing clutch. With all gears affected at once, I think it rules out the synchros. It can affect the synchros if you let it go for long, though.I suggest going back and working on the bleed.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Launching!

what else could I do to bleed it right now it shoots fluid out of it when you crack it open but still doesn't go into gear for **** and reverse is damn near impossible without 2 hands. I need to figure this out I never had this problem til after the clutch install is there something I'm missing and its a Ram Powergrip HD

Thanks for anymore help

Quick Reply: Need Help Trans Hard To Shift Into All Gears