Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

NEED HELP!! Clutch wont bleed fully, what can I do???

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!! Clutch wont bleed fully, what can I do???

I have been battling a bad clutch peddal for a month now after I installed a new Mcleod setup and ALL new hydraulics. I am bleeding it using the conventional method...push clutch in, crack bleeder, close bleader, release pedal...and I still have play at the top of the peddal. I have enough peddal to disengage the clutch but I am not getting near enough throw. Hard to go into gear and it is releasing right off the floor.

How long does it take to bleed the system?? I performed the bleeding procedure maybe 15-20 times. Also hooked up a vacum bleeder to the resivoir and I get very tiny bubbles, basically nothing. I have replaced every new part of the system at least once, and have now swapped out the Mcleod MC for a Ram Adjust. MC. I have an even worse peddal now...

PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 03-24-2007, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Also, I am using Prestone Synthetic DOT 3 fluid. I believe that is ok but just wanted to make sure.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:40 PM
10 Second Club

I spent 4 hours bleeding my clutch. What we did is crack the bleeder and then push down on the pedal and then close it and pump it until there is pressure. This turned my dead pedal into a good pedal.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Wow 4 hours of cracking the bleeder? So basically 20 minuites of bleeding time isnt good enough??
Old 03-25-2007, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dalejr8ls1
Wow 4 hours of cracking the bleeder? So basically 20 minuites of bleeding time isnt good enough??
I replaced my slave cylinder and it was bone dry. We had a dead pedal and pumping it before you crack it helps to move the fluid down.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!! Clutch wont bleed fully, what can I do???