What next?

Old 03-29-2007, 04:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What next?

Hello Guys,

Let me run thru the story real quick.

98 M6

My slave cylinder was leaking enough I was putting fluid in it about every other 2 weeks, not much just alittle. Was not even enough to really run out. Car drove just fine I was just putting it off. Finally went to do the deed. Got it all done and now my clutch slips under any acceleration above creeping.

I bleed the system with the mighty vac, then the proper way, then I got a pressure bleeder and bleed it that way. By far the pressure bleed got the best bleed and the clutch pedal feels great Except there is about 1/2 inch play at the top.

Say I shift into 1st and give it 1/4 throttle it goes give it 1/2 and it slips, but if I give it 1/4 get the rpms up to about 2500-3000 and floor it, grips like a champ and does not slip until I shift into second then same thing if I wait a second run the rpms up a little it grips and I'm fine.

I'm assuming the centrifical force is what is making it grip, but I think its because the throw-out bearing is not being pulled all the way from the fingers.

Is this possible? Should I replace my master? Or pull the darn thing out and put a new clutch in. Its a stage 1 Spec with about 50,000 highway miles on it. The only thing bothering me is the fact that it did not do any sort of thing like this before. There was NO and I mean NO brake fluid or anything on the clutch and it looked like it still had plenty of beef to it.

Sorry for the Novel!

Search this Thread