Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Grinding, Ticking, Always missing 3rd gear, B&M

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 12:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grinding, Ticking, Always missing 3rd gear, B&M

I was at the drag strip today (first time ever), and the first two runs my T/A seem to do as good as it could in this air... 4000-5000 DA, I was running 14.1-14.3 on my first passes ever... All passes after that went to complete shart. I don't think I ever got into 3rd gear again all day and if I did it was by an act of god.

Anyway, my car when in neutral has always made a "tick tick tick tick" noise... It never bothered me untill today, and now it does it in EVERY gear, AND neutral, AND to boot its a complete PAIN in my *** to shift the thing. Pushing on the clutch is like trying to kick a door down, and when it is in there it is nearly impossible to get it to go into another gear under wot (or going faster then normal)..

Now if I am just daily driving it, it seems to do a little better.. the clutch is still insanely stiff, but the gears do much better in going in... But the ticking noise does NOT go away no matter what I do... Before I could just put it in first then go back to neutral and it would stop; now there is no stopping it..

I am hopping that at worst I screwed a clutch, but sweet lord I hope I didn't do my transmission a good one :'(...

BTW its the stock clutch with 65k miles on it, and there is a B&M shifter on it....

Thanks everyone for any help I may get.

Last edited by Optimal; 04-01-2007 at 12:55 AM.