Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Best adjustable master cylinder????

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best adjustable master cylinder????

I've been having problems going into gear at high rpms. I sent my tranny to T-56 Rebuilds/Six Speeds, Inc to have it rebuilt. I'm thinking of replacing the Master cylinder while the tranny is out of the car. Just looking for some input on the pros/cons to each one.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2007, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

hey man i would recommend the mcleod master cylinder its the best ive tried and will not let you down trust me it wont great one to have and probably the best so far.... i would be concerned on replacing your slave cylinder because that one is the one that you need to put before tranny goes up again the master you could replace without taking down the tranny but yeah get a 01 and up slave the best upgraded version for the ls1's ..wouldnt say it twice,,"get a mcleod master and an 01 and up slave . find them both at www.thunderracing.com under drivetrain and clutches..
Old 04-03-2007, 06:19 AM

Ive had the McLeod for about 2-3 years and I just installed it into another car and it works perfect. I was VERY happy with it. Another good thing is that its rebuildable so its the only one youll ever buy. Kinda expensive these days nthough, but still worth it IMHO.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Freddyrdzls1
hey man i would recommend the mcleod master cylinder its the best ive tried and will not let you down trust me it wont great one to have and probably the best so far.... i would be concerned on replacing your slave cylinder because that one is the one that you need to put before tranny goes up again the master you could replace without taking down the tranny but yeah get a 01 and up slave the best upgraded version for the ls1's ..wouldnt say it twice,,"get a mcleod master and an 01 and up slave . find them both at www.thunderracing.com under drivetrain and clutches..
I replaced the slave with an 01-up about 200 miles before I pulled the tranny out this last time. That's why I want to change the master cylinder b/c it's the only thing left that's not new, lol.

Quick Reply: Best adjustable master cylinder????