Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Auto to Manual

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Auto to Manual and one other question

I was wonderin if anybody on here has tried to change their car from an auto to a manual. I want to do it sometime in the future, but I was curious of how much it would cost and how much of a pain in the butt it would be.

Also back in the winter my car would run like **** when I tried to start it on really cold mornings (20s). It would idle real rough like the revs would go up and down between 700 and 1200 til it would eventully stall. After a couple minutes of driving it would feel normal and be alright till another cold morning. Right before I took it in to get the front end fixed it did it again and the service engine light turned on and was on the entire time to the reapair shop. I haven't seen the light since then and it's done the same crappy idle on cold mornings once or twice. It seems to run normal now. I had written it off as just doesn't want to run in the cold, but I also thought it might be the MAF sensor. What do you guys think?

Last edited by xXSilencerXx; 04-17-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

off the top of my head to convert to a stick you need

flywheel
manual pedal assembly
manual console top
manual transmission (duh)
slave and master cylinder
plumbing for hydraulic clutch
manual transmission cross member

it might need some wiring also, I am not sure, because the T-56 has two electronic solenoids, the reverse lockout and the devilshift aka CAGS