Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Couple clutch hydraulic questions (new master, new line...)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Couple clutch hydraulic questions (new master, new line...)

Hey all. I have a couple questions. First, I found out my master cylinder was leaking on the inside of the car. I got it used with the trans, so I have no idea of its former life. Soooo...I want to replace it. Its adjustable now, so I want to replace it with an adjustable one.

Im thinking about going with a RAM unit. Does this master have a hydraulic line?

The reason I ask, is the line that I have now at one point must have been up against the donor car's header. The black "hose" that is on it from the factory was melted. Im worried that there is damage to the hose itself. Can anyone agree that I should worry? If the RAM doesnt come with a clutch line, and mine is damaged, I guess I have to find a used one somewhere.

I would replace the stock line with some braided line, and the fittings from russell, but Im not going to take my trans apart just for that at this point...

Whats the best place to pick up a RAM master???

Thanks in advance for any input!!

Justin
Old 04-20-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on how badly burnt the outer sheath was would determine how much I would worry about it... a little bit of melting or so and I would just get a new length of rubber hose, slit it and replace it. If it got close to the braiding though I'd start to worry. Don't know about whether it comes with the line, or purchase recommendations though.