Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need trans help asap!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 07:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need trans help asap!

So i have had all sorts of problems with my trans the last year starting with the clutch sticking so I replaced the Master with a Ram Adjustable master and a Ram high flow slave cylinder and through out bearing and also did the drill mod. Shortly after I missed third gear for some reason at about 6k and couldnt put it back into gear and then I pulled over tried to force it into gear and started lettin off the clutch and the pressure plate blew up. So now I put a Ram level 3 power grip clutch in and did the proper break in and everything and I have 1100 miles on the new clutch with no problem until today. I was driving and through it into third and it did not go in again. And once again I pulled over and tried to get it back into gear. 2nd was the only one it would go into so I took off in 2nd and then it was going into all the gears except it was very hard to put it back into 1st once I aproched a stop sign. So I kept driving to make it home and the whole ride home it didnt want to go into 1st or 2nd and was kinda hard to put in 3rd and 4th but 5th and 6th are just fine. So now im trying to figure out whats wrong and what to do about it. The master should be adjusted right it picks up about 2 inches off the ground and havent had any issues with it. So i think its somthing in the trans but Im not sure what? Synchros,Shift forks? But it definatley feels like somthings binding up. Sorry for the longness of this post but I hope some one can help me.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:01 PM
wrencher

Does it shift fine w/ the motor off? If so you have hydraulic issues.
But yours does sound like internal problems, might be time to rebuild it.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Point the car in a direction where it's not going to run anything over. Start it with the clutch down in 1st gear. If it moves when you start it the clutch isn't releasing. You either need to bleed it better, adjust the master or you've got a pressure plate thats binding.

I'm going with wrencher on the rebuild. Sounds like you've been driving it hard enough and missing shifts that it's probably time to do a synchro rebuild. Your 3rd gear issues could be synchros, 3/4 slider keys, or a bent 3/4 shift fork.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:52 PM
12 Second Club

I can start it in gear and it wont move forward while the clutch is in. Last time it did and thats how I new the clutch was gone. I called Amber at t-56 rebuilds today and I think Im gonna have her rebuild my trans for me. Thanks for the help guys.