Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Install Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clutch Install Problems

well i put a new spec 2 in my car today and the slave was just replaced 8k ago.....put everything back together and didnt bleed or anything but the car is REAL hard to get into gears on a stop but once driving it will go into gear a LITTLE easier..still wayyyyy harder than it used to be...and then randomly when im coming to a stop and i have the clutch pressed in and in first gear the car will start to bog down and wont let me out of gear....what the hell is the problem?? btw the flywheel was resurfaced and yes i did use the shim for the slave...i mean pretty much sums up that the pp isnt releasing enough and is dragging? why
Old 05-12-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Your hydraulics aren't bled all the way.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

but i have PLENTY of pedal pressure it feels almost as much as my old spec stage 4 in my lt1
Old 05-12-2007, 01:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What you're describing means the clutch isn't disengaging. So your choices are that the pressure plate isn't releasing properly which isn't likely on a new clutch. Next option is that the slave isn't traveling far enough to full release the pressure plate. This could be the case if your clutch required a shim but it wasn't installed, this has been ruled out. Last is that air in the system is getting compressed and preventing the slave from traveling all the way. You can have a firm pedal and still have air in the system. Considering your slave was replaced recently, this is the most likely problem. It's possible that the air has made its way into the master cylinder. From m experience the only way to get a significant amount of air out of the master is to bench bleed it. You can test for air in the master by removing the line from the slave and trying to depress the pedal with normal force. If you can depress it then there's air in the master. If not I'd keep bleeding, it can take quite a while to get the system totally bled.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok you mean taking the like quick disconnect off of the slave and then depressing?
Old 05-12-2007, 01:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Exactly. Don't get crazy and blow the seals out of the master by pressing it, but with normal pressure the plunger shouldn't move if there's no air in the master cylinder.

Quick Reply: Clutch Install Problems