Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What clutches use stock hydraulics and no spacer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 03:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What clutches use stock hydraulics and no spacer?

What aftermarket clutches use the same geometry as the stock clutch? I prefer to not use a spacer behind the slave and do not want an adjustable master.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tex clutches are designed to work with stock stuff IIRC.

Youre pretty picky, honestly without one of the two your clutch experiences probably wont be very good. An adjutstable master is a great piece to have and can play a part in your clutch life.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by brad8266
Youre pretty picky, honestly without one of the two your clutch experiences probably wont be very good.
It’s too late to avoid bad clutch experiences . I am leery of an adjustable master because of warnings from clutch manufacturers about avoiding overtravel. My concern about the spacer arises from the slave having a recessed mounting surface with a surrounding ring that ensures concentricity with the transmission's input shaft. The spacer supplied with my clutch completely filled that recessed area thus defeating its purpose. That strikes me as poor design. I am picky because I carefully installed an expensive clutch that has failed much sooner than I expected - fifty quarter-mile passes. Hard launches, I admit, but only fifty, and less than 400rwhp.

Thanks for the reply - I'll look into Textralia.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

FWIW I have the spacer and an adjustable and am having great luck with them on the spec 3+
Old 05-31-2007, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gary Z
My concern about the spacer arises from the slave having a recessed mounting surface with a surrounding ring that ensures concentricity with the transmission's input shaft. The spacer supplied with my clutch completely filled that recessed area thus defeating its purpose. That strikes me as poor design.
Agree completely. Spacers are a half *** way of compensating for a generic clutch with a stack height that doesn't meet the design specs of the vehicle.

I don't know how well it would perform for you, or if their higher end products are the same, but my Centerforce only needed the new slave cylinder design ('01+).
Old 05-31-2007, 01:07 PM
Banging some gears

Originally Posted by Mike44138
Agree completely. Spacers are a half *** way of compensating for a generic clutch with a stack height that doesn't meet the design specs of the vehicle.

I don't know how well it would perform for you, or if their higher end products are the same, but my Centerforce only needed the new slave cylinder design ('01+).

what is this spacer you speak of? im buying a spec 3 this week will i need a spacer??

Quick Reply: What clutches use stock hydraulics and no spacer?