Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch line inside car

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 06:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch line inside car

has anybody ever ran their clutch line through the inside of the car? Trying to think of a way to keep the heat away from it. Mine is wrapped up tight in heatwrap and it still goes soft after a spirited run.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

havent heard of anyone doing it.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to do it with my swap car. If I ever make my own line out of -4an I might look into it. Not sure the stock line can make all the bends and twists to get itself back into the master once its back outside.

For heat protection, I found that just regular heat wrap wasnt doing it. So I used aluminum foil, rubber fuel/heater hose, and then accel kevlar spark plug boot sleeves. Im pretty sure I can lay the line against my headers now and not have a problem. I have the line so that there is so space tho, and Im confident that my clutch fluid boiling issue is solved. Ill know in a week or so when the car is back on the ground.

Justin
Old 06-01-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
For heat protection, I found that just regular heat wrap wasnt doing it. So I used aluminum foil, rubber fuel/heater hose, and then accel kevlar spark plug boot sleeves.
Damn man, thats a lot of heat protection, you better not have fluid problems with all that. All i have is heater hose and its good.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha... Yeah well, its kind of a pain in my 87 to get to the line. I already have a stainless heat shield that i made, but its so darn tight. Figured I might as well go overboard and be safe. I had the extra boot sleeves laying around. We'll see tho! If I can go awhile without seeing the black fluid, ill be happy.

Justin

Quick Reply: clutch line inside car