Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch line Part #

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clutch line Part #

Anyone know the part number for the high pressure line going from the master cylinder to the quick disconnect of the slave cylinder? Need the line only.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

It's not sold seperately if I remember correctly. It only comes with the master cylinder.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:46 AM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HavATampa
It's not sold seperately if I remember correctly. It only comes with the master cylinder.
Yes this is unfortunatetly the way it is. You have to buy the whole master reservoir & line as an assemebly.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Unless you make your own. Only issue with that is you have to access the slave to screw in you line. I want to do that eventually. And I was going to have an extension screwed into the slave, then the custom line screwed into that then up to the master. That way you can still remove the master and all without pulling the trans.

But your best bet is to try to find a used master. Whats wrong with your line that you want to replace it? My old one has a major kink in it or I would just give it to ya.

Justin
Old 06-07-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Veteran

I called and comfirmed this. Can't get the line seperately at the stealership plus I can't get used because I can only work on my car over this weekend. My quick disconnect connector drug on the ground and got eatten up. Can't use it.

Have to get a whole master cylinder. Looked at places like Summit online for other ones besides the dealer and all the pics show no line. I have a corvette master but the line isn't flex plus too short.

I am out of 160 bucks, folks.