Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Where to get a clutch hydraulic line

Old 06-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get a clutch hydraulic line

I know you can only get the factory braided line from GM with the master cylinder as a combo I don't need another master, I've got 2 now. I also see that McLeod makes a line but I can't find one to save my life. If anybody has any info on these clutch hydraulic lines please post up some info.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Teching In

If you have the fittings, you can actually make one yourself. I did this for a conversion I did a couple years ago on a cougar. Basically you need to cut the fittings out of the old line, then go to a hydraulic shop and buy a length of hose that will fit, and then you will need to put the fittings in the freezer and the end of the line in boiling water so that the fittings contract and the line expands, and then you shove them together quickly and they will never come apart. I think the length of hose cost me like $3, and about 10 minutes of work, and I never had a problem with it.

Mike
Old 06-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Banned

hmm interesting.. yes i have my old line the line rubbed up against the floor pan somehow and frayed some of the braids and when I put this new clutch in the first push of the pedal made the line rupture. Can the braided line be fixed? Can you splice it maybe? I know hydraulic lines aspecially this one now with the Ram Powergrip HD has a lot of pressure on it. I might just get the master and line from GM since I get parts at cost anyways and sell the master.

Search this Thread