Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Think the clutch is going out

Old 06-11-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think the clutch is going out

I'm not asking a question, just saying that the clutch is starting to show a sign her and there saying its time to replace me . The biggest sign so far came yesterday when I went to show off for two of my buddies by doing a big smokey burnout, I taced it up to 2k and poped her and she bogged and took off with no smoke , that was embarrassing. Mabey the clutch was just to hot to take the sudden power cause I'd just been power shifting it about 15 min proior, but in that space I'd shut the car off and washed it. O well, the clutch has 51k on it and I've only put 4k of that on. When I finally do get around to getting one I think I'm going to go with an LS7 clutch/LS2 flywheel. I want something that will feel stock so if anyone has a suggestion along of another clutch that will feel stock let me know.

BTW the car's mostly stock, just the SLP flow pac, LT's, Catted Y, and borla then it's got some rear suspension work but that's it for a till I get her paid off or the mod bug hit's hard
Old 06-11-2007, 07:57 AM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya I would suggest the hydraulic get done as well. Drill mod also if that has not been done. Check the manual trans FAQ sticky at the top of this section.

Search this Thread