Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

driving with a spec 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default driving with a spec 3

it may be that i'm still breaking it in, but it grabs really weird, goes from soft to grabbing really hard. can't really slip a pucked clutch. i remember my friend used to have one in his GS-T and i would drive it sloppy like i am now.

what do you usually rev it up to and is it a quick-consistant release? anyone have any vids of them driving their spec 3 clutch?
Old 06-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Staging Lane

yea i put about 1000k on mine until it was not chattering constantly off the line. What i found is that you kinda need to just bring the rev up to about 1500-1700 and quickly get off the clutch not by dropping but a smooth one motion release. When i first started driving it i wouldnt push the gas in enough and the chatter was ridiculous. Just make sure you have the gas in a little more than you think is necessary and it should roll out smooth
Old 06-17-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mine does the same thing, have put about ~5000 miles on it, still chatters a bit, I try to do the same as lemonhead states... a quick 1 motion release, only have those problems on take off, the rest it grabs really hard.