Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Ram powergrip Hd problem.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 03:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram powergrip Hd problem.

Hey guys, I had my Ram clutch installed about 6k miles ago maybe less not sure. But tonight I was racing an evo from a dig and i tried to do a burnout and I slipped the clutch the tires where not spinning but for some reason it didnt smell like clucth at all.

Now my engagement point is about 1/2 inch from the top, when the clutch was brand new it was engaging at the top aswell but now it seemed like it moved up. well here is the problem, the clucth seems to grab perfectly in 1st and 2nd gear. In 3rd+ it slips even under low rpms i hit the gas a little and you can feel the car shake and the rpms ramp up real quick. (note: the pedal feels like new, nice and stiff) I am thinking the hydrolics are not fully engaging,(maybe because the slave engages very very high and not fully setting in??) Its a bummer because the clucth is basicly new I only did like 12+ passes with it on the street and strip, i dont abuse it at all and I drive it pretty normal.

The fluid looks pretty dark you guys think if i bleed it it would help out before i get it checked out? when i did my clucth i bought a new slave and master aswell. any advice would be very helpfull!

Thx guys!! Bubba.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your not on the clutch pedal, the pp should be fully engaging the clutch. That sounds like what happened to my Spec clutch I just finished replacing it with a Ram Powergrip HD.

When this happened to me, it was because the clutch was worn out. Same exact situation as you(and it kept getting worse and worse). Depending on your driving habits, these high performance clutches can last a decent amount of time, to hardly any time at all.

If it was a hydraulic problem, it would be on the disengaugement of the clutch.