Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default problems

well i guess my clutch fork and piviot ball finally wore out its had to go in gear 1 to 2nd then to third it makes like a rubbing noise if i push the clutch in a waite a sec it does not do it, when i got my clutch put in 5 mos ago myinstaller said that we had to waite to get the fork and ball but it would have been aweek waite but i said nah so he welded it up and smoothed it out i guess after 6k it wore out so now he is going to warrenty the clutch for me and free labor to put it in and out

he didnt change the fluid i had it done buy auto oil changers and they put in regular atf.. he said that atf shouldnt have been put in just the gm gearmesh.. is that correct?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:30 PM
wrencher

The trans takes ATF.
Sounds like you may have hydraulic issues, how's the pedal feel??
Old 06-29-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

normal im going to do a flush when i get it back gm should have the fork and ball tm its gotta be that it just wore down just enough to not disengage all the way, and it seems to do it only when it;s very cold or very hot thats what made us think about the fluid thats in the tranny
Old 06-29-2007, 11:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We use ATF Fluid in every one of our rebuilds. Usually Mobil 1 ATF. It wouldn't be the fluid causing that issue.

Amber