Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New clutch, FW, Hydro's, rebuilt tranny, still not shifting right.

Old 06-30-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default New clutch, FW, Hydro's, rebuilt tranny, still not shifting right.

Alright here's the deal. I've been having problems with my car for the past 5 months. When I bought the car it had updated hyro's, and a spec 2+ clutch. The clutch took a dump, so i replaced with another 2+ and also changed out the slave cylinder. The first few miles after everything was reinstalled the pedal felt normal, nice and soft almost l;ike stock. Then shortly there after, the pedal strarted getting harder and harder. So replaced the master cylinder(did the drill mod and mity vac'd+regular bleed). Changed nothing still have a hard pedal. Well after the break in period, I go to row the gears and am automatically blocked out of all gears at high RPM's. So I replace flywheel with a spec billet steel. Got a little bit better. Also the clutch engages low. Well due to this my transmission goes out. So off to T56 rebuilds. Get a $1440 rebuild(new 1,2, and 4th gear). While I have it out, I take the clutch to spec to get the 2+ upgraded to a 3. Also buy a new slave to try. Well I get it all put in , and the pedal is the SAME! Still low and hard. Why would the pedal be hard? And how in the world can I get the pedal up higher? I have used the shim each and every time! Spec suggested that I put another shim in. I dont like the sounds of double stacking the shims. Guess my next step is to make my stock master adjustable. That is the only thing I havent done...

PLEASE PLEASE will someone help me....
Old 07-01-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Anyone?!?!?!?!
Old 07-02-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

bump for the day
Old 07-02-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say put another shim in... that fixed mine. I'm not using spec or anything, but I think an adjustable master, or another shim is going to be your only solutions. Put a 1/8th" spacer behind my slave and it cured ALL my problems... these systems seem to be really touchy and tricky. I haven't even needed to do the drill mod.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the input jmdale.....I beleive I am going to try this adj. master cylinder first. I have had the trans out 7 times in 5 months, so I'm not real big on doing it again.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

sound just like me, going on the 7th time in 4 months ...im getting really pissed....i have tried 4 different setup and still hard shifting ......whats the deal???
Old 07-04-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Looks like you have a Ram HD? If so do you have the adj. master? I think I read some where that you almost have to have one with their clutch.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

just got my trans rebuilt by t56 rebuilds and had the same issue with my Spce 3 I installed at the same time. Pedal was low and wouldn't shift over 6000 rpm. Called Amber and she said to adjust the pedal to where it is even with the brake pedal. Took a wile to get used to the high release point, but it solved all my problems.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Anti-Vnm
just got my trans rebuilt by t56 rebuilds and had the same issue with my Spce 3 I installed at the same time. Pedal was low and wouldn't shift over 6000 rpm. Called Amber and she said to adjust the pedal to where it is even with the brake pedal. Took a wile to get used to the high release point, but it solved all my problems.
We'll I finally got everything borke in and have put a few beatings on it, and it is taking all the gears like it should! But I do have to have the clutch all the way down for it to be fully engaged. I'm still going to go with a ADJ. master and see if that will bring the pedal up any...thanks for everyones help. I'll post back in here when i get it done!

Search this Thread